Linda Wang (musician)
|It is proposed that this article be deleted because of the following concern:
If you can address this concern by improving, copyediting, sourcing, renaming, or merging the page, please edit this page and do so. You may remove this message if you improve the article or otherwise object to deletion for any reason. Although not required, you are encouraged to explain why you object to the deletion, either in your edit summary or on the talk page. If this template is removed, do not replace it.
This message has remained in place for seven days, so the article may be deleted without further notice.
Nominator: Please consider notifying the author/project:
Timestamp: 20170713121410 12:14, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Linda Wang is a concert violinist and String Chair and Professor of Violin at the Lamont School of Music at the University of Denver. She has performed as soloist with orchestras in the United States as well as abroad, including the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra and Pasadena Symphony in such venues as Carnegie Hall and the Berlin Schauspielhaus.
Linda Wang performed twice with Zubin Mehta and the New York Philharmonic Orchestraat a young age and since then, other performances of hers have been televised for PBS, Arts and Entertainment, Germany’s ZDF and Japan’s NHK. Radio broadcasts include NPR’s “Performance Today, WQXR (New York City), WFMT (Chicago), KMozart and KKGO (Los Angeles), MDR (Germany), Leipzig Rundfunk and Deutschland Radio, Berlin. She attended the Juilliard School, Colburn School and the University of Southern California Thornton School of Music. She was also a Fulbright scholar pursuing advanced studies at the Salzburg Mozarteum. A winner of several international music competitions (see "Awards and distinctions" below), Linda Wang performs as a soloist, both in solo recital and with symphony orchestra. Ms. Wang performs on a 1767, Giovanni Battista Guadagnini, violin.
Awards and distinctions
- 1st prize, Kingsville International Competition, Kingsville, Texas
- 1st prize, Markneukirchen International Festival, Markneukirchen, Germany
Reviews and commentary
- "Wang's tone was rich and full, capable of being reduced to a mere thread, yet never losing its solid core. A quick vibrato intensified her playing without being overused. Melodic lines were seamless, giving Bruch's music a breadth that added greatly to its effect." The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk)
- "...we’re fortunate to be able to welcome Linda Wang, a consummate performer and truly one of the finest violinists around today”,- Andrew Sewell, Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra, music director.
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- PHILHARMONIC: FIVE YOUNG PEOPLE DISPLAY THEIR TALENTSBy BERNARD HOLLAND Published: January 2, 1983