Manila Wrestling Federation
|It is proposed that this article be deleted because of the following concern:
Doesn't meet WP:GNG. No significant coverage in reliable independent sources.
If you can address this concern by improving, copyediting, sourcing, renaming, or merging the page, please edit this page and do so. You may remove this message if you improve the article or otherwise object to deletion for any reason. Although not required, you are encouraged to explain why you object to the deletion, either in your edit summary or on the talk page. If this template is removed, do not replace it.
This message has remained in place for seven days, so the article may be deleted without further notice.
Nominator: Please consider notifying the author/project:
Timestamp: 20170711213615 21:36, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Professional wrestling in the Philippines started in 1989 through the short-lived show called "Pinoy Wrestling". It was shown on PTV-4 and ended in the early 1990s. The show aimed to bring professional wrestling to the country by producing locally-trained wrestlers such as Joe Pogi, Macho Franco, King Cobra and Max Buwaya. These wrestlers portrayed larger than life characters akin to the World Wrestling Federation superstars, with a pinoy twist.
In 2012, a group of Filipino wrestling fans came up together and built Philippine Wrestling Revolution which produced its first event in 2013. The pioneer batch of aspiring professional wrestlers were officially trained by an American pro wrestler who goes by the name of Josh Bauserman, whom they met in Manila during the early stages of planning. The founders credit Bauserman for teaching them everything about pro wrestling, from in-ring maneuvers to backstage activities.
Shortly after PWR's first event, Renaissance; several wrestlers and personnel left the promotion. One of them was then manager Mike Shannon, who collaborated with Mr. Lucha and fellow PWR alumnus Robin Sane on creating Hybrid Wrestling Entertainment, which eventually evolved to Manila Wrestling Federation. By late 2016, their initial roster participated in History Channel's HistoryCon 2016, which saw them compete against Singapore Pro Wrestling (SPW) and Australiasian Wrestling Federation wrestlers. The event lasted for three days and was a success, as it gave the upstart promotion a much need exposure.
The promotion held its inaugural event called MWF Live! on April 8, 2017, at the Makati Cinema Square Arena, Makati .
On July 10, 2017, MWF held their second event called MWF Republika, at the Makati Cinema Square Arena, Makati.
At MWF Republika, it was announced that the third show would be held in September 2017.
|MWF Live!||April 8, 2017||Makati Square Arena||Makati||Mr. Lucha vs Robin Sane (Manila Rules match)|
|Republika||June 10, 2017||Makati Square Arena||Makati||Gigz Stryker vs Robin Sane|
|"Filipino Strong Style"
|Ashura||First woman to ever compete in an official MWF event.|
|Mike Shannon||General Manager|
|Sonny Go||Ring Announcer|
|Gus Queens||Rex Lawin's Manager|
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- https://thesgppodcast.buzzsprout.com/25341/522700-ep-169-robin-sane-in-the-membrane. Missing or empty
- https://manilainformer.com/165217/round-2-history-con-2016-featuring-philippines-manila-wrestling-federation-fabio-and-gigs-stryker-manila-video/. Missing or empty
- V, Martin (2017-04-16). "Manila Wrestling Federation (MWF) Debuts at Makati Cinema Square Arena". Medium. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- SmarkHenryPH. "[FULL RESULTS] MWF Republika". www.smarkhenry.ph. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- http://www.smarkhenry.ph/2017/06/live-results-mwf-republika.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.smarkhenry.ph/2017/03/mwf-stars-ninja-ryujin-fabio-makisig.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.smarkhenry.ph/2017/04/mwf-live-mwf-x-mcs-show-review-2017.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.smarkhenry.ph/2017/04/gigz-stryker-set-to-debut-at-mwf-live.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.wheninmanila.com/manila-wrestling-federation-makes-its-debut-at-mcs/. Missing or empty
- http://www.wheninmanila.com/mwf-returns-to-makati-with-mwf-republika/. Missing or empty