Maria von Kohler
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.|
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Maria von Kohler|
|Native name||Maria von Köhler|
|Education||2003 Royal Academy of Arts, 1999 University of East London, 1994 California State University, Los Angeles|
Maria von Köhler is a Swedish born sculptor. She currently splits her time residing between London and Los Angeles. Her work focuses on mechanisms of hero worship and propaganda.
Methods, materials, and processes
von Köhler's current work takes cues from a collage of culturally laden trinkets, ranging from Baroque bronzes, to Bobs Big Boy, to jolly-looking racist paraphernalia from the Deep South.
- Timeline, Seeline Gallery, Santa Monica
- Madonna and Child 2011. Clay, plaster, polyester resin, acrylic, wax. Premises Studios, Hackney Road, East London.
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- Villarreal, Ignacio. "Maria Von Kohler - The Mother of All Babies". artdaily.com. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Maria Von Kohler - ArtSlant". artslant.com. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- "Maria Von Kohler Statement | ArtSlant". artslant.com. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Maria von Kohler". artslant.com. artslant. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Michael Jackson statue by Maria Von Kohler sparks death threats". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved March 4, 2017.