|This article may meet Wikipedia's criteria for speedy deletion because: A7, non-notable person. Absolutely nothing to reliably or credibly support having the "big name" clients "referenced" in the article.. For valid criteria, see CSD.
If this article does not meet the criteria for speedy deletion, or you intend to fix it, please remove this notice, but do not remove this notice from pages that you have created yourself. If you created this page and you disagree with the given reason for deletion, you can click the button below and leave a message explaining why you believe it should not be deleted. You can also visit the talk page to check if you have received a response to your message.
Note that once tagged with this notice, this article may be deleted at any time if it unquestionably meets the speedy deletion criteria, or if an explanation posted to the talk page is found to be insufficient.
Administrators: check links, history (last), and logs before deletion. Consider checking Google.
This page was last edited by HemovanadinCSDbot at 11:30 UTC (7 months ago)
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2017)|
Marvin Castillo Garita|
August 26, 1994
San José, Costa Rica
|Occupation||Illustrator, film critic, blogger, Internet host, journalist, publicist, writer, [|
Marv Castillo (born Marvin Castillo Garita; August 26, 1994) is a Costa Rican designer, illustrator, screenwriter, journalist, publicist, musician, entrepreneur, blogger, producer, film critic and writer. Marv Castillo founded the design studio called Burg, the pop culture website Geek Broadside where he operates as Editor-in-chief, and helped creating the fitness platform MO Project. Castillo has appeared in several sites, books, and magazines, and working with clients like Netflix, Amazon, World Vision, Reebok, Marvel Entertainment, DC Comics, Ruby Rose, Blair Witch Director Eduardo Sanchez, DJ Tigerlily, Costa Rican musicians, among many others.
As visual artist he had gallery shows in Costa Rica (at Teatro Melico Salazar) and Germany.
- "Blanco y Negro Parte 2" (2017)
- "Pop" (2016)
- "Mujer" (2015)
- "Bots" (2015)
- "Blanco y Negro" (2013)
- "Colectivo Saint Clare" (2012)
- "Colectivo Saint Clare" (2011)
Castillo started his career in 2012 as a freelance designer, illustrator and screenwriter while studying Information Sciences at Universidad de Costa Rica. In 2013, he was recruited by Marvel Comics where he did work for Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, and more. In the same year, Marv Castillo enlisted as an illustrator and screenwriter at hitRECord directed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The show won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media in August, 2014. In 2016, he participated as a script doctor in the short film Ari de Blanco (written and directed by Anne Marie Lang and currently in production) and appeared in Designcollector magazine as part of the daily inspiration section. Marv Castillo has been frequently cited as influence in many artists work and has been featured in magazines like Peppersoul, the French entertainment magazine Crushover. His work is also set to appear in the 2018 edition of the book Favourite Design created by the French design agency Arôme. His work has also been featured for discussion in official pages of the DC Extended Universe.
In 2014, Marv Castillo created the entertainment website Geek Broadside, where he served the role as reporter and film critic. The site gained more popularity when the actual Editor-at-Large Daniel Castellano entered to write about novels. Castillo serves as Editor-in-chief in the site.
Geek Broadside was also the first site in breaking the news that actor Tom Holland will portray Peter Parker in the soft reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming on May 2, before any other news outlet confirmed the news.
- Hit Record on TV (2013)
- "marvincastillo on DeviantArt". DeviantArt. Retrieved 2017-05-21.
- "Geek Broadside". Geek Broadside | Entertainment news with substance. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Pilot : Daredevil". Crushover. Retrieved 2017-05-21.
- "Behance". www.behance.net. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Darin, Carola, and Timo Räisänen at Fältet, Sundsvall (05 Aug 16) with Movits!, Hoffmaestro, SABINA DDUMBA, Ruby Rose, and Johnossi". Songkick. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Behance". www.behance.net. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Vol. 1, by Julian Picado Trio". Julian Picado. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "MARV CASTILLO Y SUS ILUSTRACIONES". PEPPERSOUL (in español). Retrieved 2017-05-21.
- "Mujer Flyer". WordPress.
- "Flyer for Art Show". WordPress. Archived from the original on 2012.
- "DAILY VISUAL OVERDOSE — Submitted by Marvin Castillo...". daily.designcollector.net. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "MARV CASTILLO Y SUS ILUSTRACIONES". PEPPERSOUL (in español). Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Pilot : Daredevil". Crushover. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Marvin Castillo – Favourite Design – Worldwide Designers Awards ! Favorite Community Designers". www.favourite-design.com. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- The Futur (2017-05-19), Spartan Logo Design Challenge pt. 2— Recap and Critique Live!, retrieved 2017-06-12
- "About Us". Geek Broadside | Entertainment news with substance. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Tom Holland is the new Spider-Man". Geek Broadside | Entertainment news with substance. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Annemarie Lang". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-06-12.