Melbourne Social Equity Institute
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.|
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
The Melbourne Social Equity Institute was founded in 2012.
Professor Bernadette McSherry was appointed as the founding director in March 2013.
The Melbourne Social Equity Institute has established further social inequity-related research and teaching initiatives at the University of Melbourne, including the Melbourne Alliance to End Violence Against Women and Children, the Disability Research Initiative and the Melbourne Refugee Studies Program.
Previous projects have looked at language and digital inclusion among Indigenous people, regulation protecting low-income migrant workers, and an evaluation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme conducted by people with disabilities.
The Community Fellows Program is a training and mentoring initiative that brings people from non-profit and education organisations into the University of Melbourne.
The institute holds a biannual research conference dedicated to a theme of inequity. The most recent conference in 2016 focussed on a rights-based and participatory approach to research with people with disabilities.
- "Melbourne’s newest research institute: the Melbourne Social Equity Institute | MUSSE". musse.unimelb.edu.au. Retrieved 2017-07-02.
- "About". Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Research programs". Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Getting in touch: language and digital inclusion in Australian Indigenous communities". Melbourne Social Equity Institute. 2016-07-04. Retrieved 2017-07-02.
- "How are low protection workers regulated?". Melbourne Social Equity Institute. 2016-07-04. Retrieved 2017-07-02.
- "Choice, control and the NDIS". Melbourne Social Equity Institute. 2017-05-24. Retrieved 2017-07-02.
- "Community Fellows Program 2017". Melbourne Social Equity Institute. 2017-05-25. Retrieved 2017-07-02.
- "Home". MSEI Conference. 2016-01-18. Retrieved 2017-07-02.