|This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring, and is not yet ready for use. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section |
If you are the editor who added this template and you are actively editing, please be sure to replace this template with
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.|
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Ravelin was founded by previous employees of taxi app business Hailo in 2014. After a beta period, during which the company participated in the Barclays TechStars Accelerator, Ravelin was launched in February 2015.
Ravelin uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to help online businesses combat fraudulent payments by providing an associated fraud probability score based on their actions and behavioural signals.
Awards and nominations
- The Best Innovation in Fraud Prevention by CognitionX;
- The Hottest Cybersecurity Startup by The Europas Awards;
- Shortlisted for Young Entrepreneur by FSB Business Awards;
- Nominated for European Fintech Awards 2017 in the category of Risk, Intelligence and Security;
- 25th in an annual list of 100 most innovative new businesses in the UK;
- Named in FinTech City’s FinTech50 list for 2016.
Ravelin is backed by Amadeus Capital Partners, Errol Damelin, Passion Capital, Paul Forster, Playfair Capital and Techstars. The company raised £1.3M in September 2015  and £3M in October 2016.
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- "Ravelin Allows Businesses to Tackle Fraud via Machine Learning and Graph Networks". Payment Week. 23 May 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Fraud with Problems: Boss of detection platform Ravelin talks Hailo, fake credit cards and machine learning | City A.M". City A.M. 23 May 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Barclays | Second cohort of teams enrol on the Barclays Accelerator | Barclays Media Centre". Newsroom.barclays.com. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Passion Capital Backs Ravelin’s Hybrid Approach To Tackling Online Fraud". TechCrunch. 12 March 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Donnelly, Shane (22 May 2017). "25. Ravelin – Startups 100 by Startups.co.uk: Start up a successful business". Startups.co.uk. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Bdaily Business News (18 October 2016). "Tech startup taking the fight to dark web fraudsters closes £3m funding round". Bdaily. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- 12 June, 2017July 5, 2017 (7 June 2017). "CogX Awards Winners". CognitionX. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "The hottest tech startups of 2017 rocked London at The Europas Awards". TechCrunch. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- fluid-digital.com. "2017 Shortlist". Fsbbusinessawards.london. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "The FinTech50 2015". Fintechcity.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Ravelin raises over GBP 1.3 mln in funding". The Paypers. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Amid Brexit data sharing uncertainty, UK fraud detection startup Ravelin scores £3M Series A". TechCrunch. 18 October 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Finance (29 September 2015). "Ravelin raises £1.3 million from Passion Capital, Errol Damelin – Business Insider". Uk.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Fraud detection firm Ravelin secures £3m in new funding to support expanding client base". Cambridge Network. 18 October 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Williams, Henry (21 December 2016). "Top new businesses of 2016: Ravelin". Startups.co.uk. Retrieved 13 July 2017.