Ravi D. Channannavar
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.|
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Ravi D. Channannavar|
|ರವಿ ಡಿ. ಚನ್ನಣ್ಣನವರ್|
|Indian Police Service, Government of Karnataka|
8 September 2011 – Present
|Indian Police Service of Mysore|
24 June 2013 – Present
|Preceded by||SP Abhinav Khare|
Ravi Dyamappa Channannavar|
23 July 1985
Gadag, Karnataka, India
SJJM Mulgund, Dharwad|
Karnataka Arts College,Dharwad
Ravi Dhyamappa Channannavar is an Indian civil servant. He is an Indian Police Service officer of Karnataka cadre from the 2008 batch. Ravi D. Channannavar, who hails from Gadag district, had his early education at Mulagunda Government School.
Early life and education
Channannavar was born on 23 July 1985 in Neelagund village of Gadag taluk into a family of agricultural labourers. He had his early education at Mulagunda Government School, Dharwad. He worked while studying for his Pre-University Course at Gadag to meet his educational expenses and family obligations. He first worked at the Mahalaxmi Theatre in Gadag and later at a brandy shop.
He got married to Dr. Triveni on March 12, 2012.
Ravi started his career as an additional Superintendent of Police, Belgaum in 2011, There after he served at Dharwad, Hospet, Hassan district , Bangalore, Davangere and Shivamogga. Now currently he is serving in Mysore. In his earlier position as additional Superintendent of Police, Belgaum, during communal clash, he had earned a good name for his Bollywood style of functioning, where he entered the houses of the trouble-makers and nabbed them.
- Ravi is well known for handling Ganesh utsav violence brilliantly In 2015 at Shivamogga, where it ended up imposing Section 144.
- To Empower women safety he Formed a team called "Onake Obavva Pade". The team comprises two women police sub-inspectors and 10 women police constables. The members of the team will take legal action against those indulging in eve-teasing, passing lewd comments against women, stalking and pestering them.
- Started Self Safety training, People friendly Police and Graama Vastavya (Village Stay) programs.
- To help Police he started Police canteen ('Cops Cafe') and Police medical programs.
- For Farmers he started "Nammurallobba Saadhaka" (Achiever in our village) program.
- To help students he started Free UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) coaching.
- To minimize Cyber crimes, On 17 April 2015, he instructed all cyber cafe's in Shivamogga district to install security software 'icafemanager'.
In his 8 years of service, his team handled over 1300 gambling and robbery cases, 1400 excise, 35 Gaanja and over 50+ Illegal Prostitution raids. 950 Crime investigations and Land grabbing, 715 Illegal Sand Mining cases.
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- staff. "‘Ravi D Channannavar to take charge as Mysuru SP’". newskarnataka.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Vincent D'Souza. "‘Ravi cracked UPSC amid poverty’". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- staff. "‘From a daily-wage job to the civil services’". thehindu.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Ramesh Aravind. "‘Weekend With Ramesh Season 3 – Episode 11 – April 29, 2017 – Full Episode’". zeekannada. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Rajiv Kalkod. "‘Violence rips Shimoga, Section 144 imposed’". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Staff Correspondent. "‘Traffic police to use body-worn cameras’". thehindu.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- staff. "‘dist-police-release-directory’". starofmysore.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- staff. "‘Ravi D Channannavar IPS Grama Vasthavya – Moodida Ravi Special Program in News 1 Kannada Mysore’". news1kannada. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Staff. "‘Sp-Ravi-channanavar-stayed-in-Mysore-village’". kannada.eenadu. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Staff. "‘Workshop for UPSC Candidates’". wn.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Staff. "‘To follow the Rules for Cyber Cafes as given in IT Act of India, the Superintendent of Police’" (PDF). icafemanager.com. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Ranganath Bharadwaj. "‘Prime debate with RaviD Channanavar’". etvnews. Retrieved 29 April 2017.