|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.|
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
Joshua (left) and John (right) Pritchard
|Labels||Burst and Bloom|
Joshua Pritchard |
Ruin/Renewal was an American rock band from Cambridge, Massachusetts. The band was formed in 2003 in Newburyport, Massachusetts by singer-songwriter Joshua Pritchard. The group's first incarnation, consisting of Pritchard, drummer Brett Bashaw and bassist Joshua Homer, released their eponymous debut EP in 2011 on the independent Portsmouth, New Hampshire based music label Burst and Bloom.
The band's final EP Chess Club was released by Burst and Bloom in 2012. The collection was composed of archival recordings made with Pritchard and his identical twin brother John. The EP premiered as an exclusive audio stream on AOL Music, which also showcased the band's music video for the track "One of the Four Humors" from their first EP.
In the summer of 2012, Ruin/Renewal's cover recording and accompanying music video of "Broken Arrow" by Robbie Robertson was showcased by PureVolume. In October 2012, Ruin/Renewal performed at the CMJ Music Marathon in New York City.
- Ruin/Renewal (EP) CD (Burst and Bloom, 2011)
- Chess Club (EP) CD (Burst and Bloom, 2012)
- Seasonal Disorder: Autumn Featuring "Disappearing Act" CD (Burst and Bloom, 2011)
- "Ruin/Renewal EP1: Burst and Bloom". Burst and Bloom Records.
- "AOL Music: Ruin/Renewal "One of the Four Humors"". AOL Music.
- http://somethingelsereviews.com/2012/05/06/ruinrenewal-chess-club-2012/ [All About Jazz: "Something Else!" Ruin/Renewal Chess Club EP; Review by Nick Caseiro
- "Ruin/Renewal Release "Chess Club" EP + Debut Single "Fine Things". Hangout.altsounds.com. 7 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-22.